How to apply
- First, determine if you are an international student here.
- Read through the sections of our website regarding Fees, Refund Policy, Deadlines, and Academic Policies.
- Research the courses from the Class Schedule and write down the five-digit class number of the courses you’d like to attend.
- Apply for Summer Sessions.
- After you apply, follow the instructions on this checklist to create your UC Berkeley login, enroll in your chosen courses, pay tuition, and prepare for your time in Berkeley.
International visiting students are required to have:
- Proof of English proficiency, unless your country of origin is on the exception list
- A non-immigrant visa
- Proof of health insurance
Students who hold certain types of visas may be required to have full-time student status.