Summer Sessions Classes
More than 600 classes are offered each summer in 90 academic departments at UC Berkeley.
Summer 2020 schedule will be live December 15.
Browse summer courses:
- By Subject
- Online Classes
- Language Classes
- Evening Classes
- Field Study Classes
- Classes meeting American Cultures Requirement
- Classes meeting Reading and Composition Requirement
Search summer classes:
- General Catalog Course Descriptions & Class Search
- Search Summer 2020 Classes online
- Guide to the Berkeley Course Numbering System.
Other types of summer offerings:
- College of Environmental Design Summer Programs - introductory intensive courses in architecture, city planning and urban design, and landscape architecture for high school students (embARC Summer Design Academy), for undergrads (Disc*: Design & Innovation for Sustainable Cities) and for post-baccalaureates (Summer [IN]STITUTE).
- Summer English Language Studies (SELI) - English courses appropriate for both international and immigrant multilingual students.
- Summer Minor - earn a minor or certificate.
- Berkeley Charter of Professional Accountancy (BCPA) - over the course of two summers, complete the 30 units in accounting needed for CPA licensure.