Skip to main content
Before You Apply
How to Apply
- Applications open February 15, 2022. Visit the application page and follow the submission instructions. Documentations for English Proficiency Requirement and visa application are submitted after enrolling in classes. No documentation is needed for the application.
- All non-UC visiting students will be required to pay a non-refundable $25 Application Fee.
- Once your application is processed, use the instructions you receive via email to create your UC Berkeley login (CalNet ID). Please allow 2-3 days to receive email instructions.
- Log in to CalCentral and complete all required tasks, including UC COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement and Student Financial Agreement. Certain tasks will be required prior to enrollment.
- In CalCentral, enroll in classes and pay the total amount due. Once you've paid for your classes, you will be confirmed as a Summer Sessions student.
- Documentation for English Proficiency Requirement and visa application are submitted after enrolling in classes. See “Apply for Your I-20” below.
- Log in to CalCentral and follow instructions to upload your photo for UC Berkeley photo ID (Cal 1 Card) and accept the Clipper Card (your transit pass) agreement.
- Set up email forwarding from your berkeley.edu account to an email address you check regularly to ensure you do not miss important communication from UC Berkeley, such as notices regarding housing, billing, or enrollment activity.
Apply for Your F-1 I-20 Visa Document
Before You Arrive
After You Arrive
- Check into your summer housing and obtain the complete address of your local residence.
- Complete the mandatory Online Arrival Confirmation process.
- Pick up your student ID (Cal 1 Card) when checking in to the On-Campus Residence Hall, or from Summer Sessions. Details on pick up will be emailed to you.
- Attend our virtual Orientation presentation. Information will be emailed to you.
- Attend your first classes.
- Buy textbooks.
- Make friends and explore the Bay Area! Attend the Summer Sessions campus events.
- For further questions, contact Berkeley Summer Sessions.
Before You Leave
- Log in to CalCentral and pay any outstanding balance.
- Visit the Berkeley International Office and speak to an adviser if you plan to travel after your program at UC Berkeley is finished or transfer to another U.S. institution.
- Confirm your grades are assigned in CalCentral before ordering an official transcript. See the Office of the Registrar for more information.
- Your CalNet ID expires 120 days after the end of summer. Update your profile information in CalCentral, such as your mailing address, and forward your berkeley.edu account to another email address you check regularly if you haven't already done so.
- You will retain access to some of your CalCentral information through the Alumni Homepage.