Changing Course Options

Changing Grading Options

You may change your initial grading option any time in CalCentral before the deadline to change grading option. After the session ends, it is no longer possible to change the grading option.

Available Grading Options:

  • Letter Grade (A,B,C,D,F);
  • Passed/Not Passed (P/NP)
  • Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U)

Changing a Course’s Unit Value

Some courses are approved for variable units. You may change the number of units in which you are enrolled for these types of courses. Because increasing and decreasing a unit value equates to adding and dropping courses/units, deadlines and policies for both Add and Drop actions apply when changing a course's unit value.