Experience summer in the San Francisco Bay Area while studying at the #1 public university!
Berkeley Summer Sessions is one of the largest summer programs in the United States, hosting students from all over the world. In fact, about 3,000 of our 16,000 students are international visitors.
Berkeley Summer Sessions offers more than 600 courses, including Summer-only certificates, English As a Second Language, and online options. Summer visiting international students get the opportunity to enroll in Berkeley courses for credit alongside UC Berkeley degree-seeking students as well as domestic visitors.
Explore the Bay Area, experience American culture, and make friends from the US and around the world.
Please join one of our upcoming live virtual information sessions to learn more about the opportunity to enroll in UC Berkeley summer courses as a visiting student.
How to apply
- First, determine if you are an international student here.
- Read through the sections of our website regarding Fees, Refund Policy, Deadlines, and Academic Policies.
- Research the courses from the Class Schedule and write down the five-digit class number of the courses you’d like to attend.
- Apply for Summer Sessions
- After you apply, follow the instructions on this checklist to create your UC Berkeley login, enroll in your chosen courses, pay tuition, and prepare for your time in Berkeley.
International visiting students participating in summer virtually are required to have:
Proof of English proficiency, unless your country of origin is on the exception list.
Students who hold certain types of visas may be required to have full-time student status.