What type of student are you?

Whether you are already enrolled as a UCB student, visiting from another college or UC campus, an international visitor, a pre-college high school student, or a working professional, this page will help you find all the information you need to plan to participate in UC Berkeley Summer Sessions.

Summer Sessions Welcomes All Types of Students

  • Currently Enrolled UCB Students
    Undergraduate and graduate students of UC Berkeley enroll in courses through Calcentral. UCB Alumni, withdrawn, and dismissed students are not eligible to register for summer sessions as current UCB students. Students who fall into these categories must apply as visiting students.
  • Students Visiting from other UC Campuses
    Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students at any of the University of California campuses are welcome to take advantage of Summer Sessions' convenient open enrollment.
  • Students Visiting from other US Campuses
    Undergraduate and graduate students of other US campuses are welcome to take advantage of Summer Sessions' convenient open enrollment.
  • International Visiting Students
    UCB is a globally engaged university that provides a variety of programs for international students. Determine if you are an international student here.
  • Newly Admitted Students to UCB
    Summer Sessions offers two specially designed programs, Freshman Edge and Transfer Edge for students admitted to UC Berkeley.
  • High School Students
    Summer Sessions offers Berkeley courses, co-curricular activities, and workshops for high school students entering 11th or 12th grade while simultaneously earning college credit through our Pre-College Program.
  • Other Types of Visiting Students
    Whether you are interested in college credit or to enhance your skills, Summer Sessions offers working professionals rewarding courses of various lengths during the summer months.