The Pre-Collegiate Program offers you the chance to join the community of more than 250 high school students who spend their time enjoying a summer at Berkeley. Get involved through Berkeley courses, co-curricular activities, and workshops planned just for you. Take advantage of everything campus has to offer, while simultaneously earning college credit.
Summer academic sessions begin with an orientation, a campus tour, and opportunities to meet your summer classmates. Co-curricular activities are planned to offer you a variety of helpful hints on both making the most of your Berkeley learning experience and planning for academic life beyond high school. Berkeley staff and students, as well as visiting professionals, lead seminars about the best practices of using University libraries, choosing a college, and writing a successful college application and personal statement. Hear from currently enrolled Berkeley students and get your questions answered about what it’s like to be study at Berkeley, and much more.
2015 Application period is closed. Check back February 2016.
|Session C Dates:
June 22—August 14, 2015
|Session D Dates:
July 6—August 14, 2015
Pre-Collegiate Program participants choose from courses offered in Session C (June 22—August 14) and Session D (July 6—August 14). You will find courses to meet and challenge your desire to learn. Whether you are looking for the next set of courses beyond your high school offerings, exploring a possible college major, or you're ready to try courses in an area of special interest, you can find it at Berkeley in the summer! Learn from and with the best, and an adviser at Summer Sessions will work with you every step of the way.
• The addition of Berkeley Summer Sessions on your college application
• A personal letter of commendation from the Dean of Summer Sessions, Study Abroad, and Lifelong Learning for passing grades
• A complimentary Berkeley transcript for completed coursework
• College credit that may be transferable to another college program*
• An orientation and campus tour for accepted students and parents
• Seminars on writing a successful college application, career exploration, and more
• A designated adviser in Summer Sessions
• Co-curricular activities to introduce you to the campus and its services
• Eligibility for membership in the California Alumni Association (for a fee)
*Acceptance of transfer credit is always at the discretion of the accepting institution.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. All applicants must submit a completed application before they are considered for participation in the program. The deadline to apply is Friday, June 5. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Have a question?