As a service to students, Summer Sessions provides information on alternative housing options not owned by or affiliated with the University. The University does not endorse any housing listed below and does not guarantee the service or quality of service offered.
It is not advisable to rent prior to arrival and before visiting the rental in person. Use caution when sending money to unknown individuals or companies offering housing.
Apartments / Rooms near campus
You can contact these locations directly to see about summer availability.
Academic Housing Rentals
2120 University Ave., Berkeley, 94704
(used to be called Westminster House)
- The Berk on College: 2315 College Ave., Berkeley, 94704
- The Berk on Arch: 2311 Le Conte Ave., Berkeley, 94709
2320 Warring Street, Berkeley, 94704
Central office phone: (866) 549-3585
- ARTech: 2002 Addison Street, Berkeley, 94704
- Bachenheimer: 2119 University Avenue, Berkeley, 94704
- Berkleyan: 1910 Oxford Street, Berkeley, 94704
- Fine Arts: 2110 Haste St, Berkeley, 94704
- Gaia: 2116 Allston Way, Berkeley, 94704
- Touriel: 2004 University Avenue, Berkeley, 94704
- Renaissance Villas: 1627 University Avenue, Berkeley, 94703
- Acton Courtyard: 1370 University Avenue, Berkeley, 94704
1122 University Ave., Berkeley, 94702
2135 Cedar St., Berkeley, 94709
2727 Dwight Way, Berkeley, 94704
2669 Le Conte Avenue, Berkeley, 94709
2633 Regent Street, Berkeley, 94704
Residence Residential Services
Apartment placement agency for furnished rooms in central Berkeley
2398 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, 94704
Sublets & Classifieds
Search for sublets/subleases within the neighborhoods surrounding the Berkeley campus area as many Cal Students go abroad or home for the summer. The most popular classifieds websites to search for housing and sublets are:
- (CLSF bay areaeast bayhousingsublets & temporary: Craigslist: San Francisco Bay Area: Housing Sublets & Temporary: Neighborhood: Berkeley).
Housing Anywhere - A student-to-student housing platform where you can find apartments/rooms UC Berkeley students are subletting to incoming visiting students for a summer (or semester, etc.). More information can be found at HousingAnywhere.com and www.youtube.com/HousingAnywhere.
Roamer- Roamer is a subleasing marketplace where students and alumni freely negotiate and auction their furnished apartments.
When staying for a short time, these lower-cost alternatives to hotels and motels offer housing on a per-night basis:
Berkeley YMCA 2001 Allston Way, Berkeley, 94704
Berkeley Hostel - Piedmont House 2434 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley, 94704
Renting a private room in a local family home -often with wireless internet, laundry, and meal options – is a great way to practice your English.