Before You Apply
- Research course offerings from the Class Schedule (Five-digit Class Number from the class description is needed to enroll).
- Read the sections on our website on Fees, Refund Policy, Summer Schedule and Deadlines and Academic Policies.
- Application open February 19, 2019.
After You Apply
- Create your CalNet ID with the instructions you receive via email after the application is processed (allow 2-3 days to receive email instructions).
- Log in to CalCentral and enroll in classes and pay the total amount due (look for “Tasks” list in CalCentral dashboard).
- Log in to CalCentral and follow instructions to upload your photo for UC Berkeley photo ID (Cal 1 Card) and accept the Clipper Card (your transit pass) agreement.
- Set up forwarding from your berkeley.edu account to an email address you check daily to ensure you do not miss important communication from UC Berkeley.
Before You Arrive
- Make housing arrangements.
- Check your most up-to-date class schedule in CalCentral.
- Research the airport San Francisco International Airport or Oakland International Airport and available ground transportation options to Berkeley.
After You Arrive
- Check into your housing.
- Go to the Cal 1 Card Office to obtain your photo ID.
- Attend your first classes.
- Buy textbooks.
- For further questions, contact Berkeley Summer Sessions
Before You Leave
- Log in to CalCentral to confirm the grading option for your courses and pay any outstanding balance.
- Confirm that your grades are assigned in CalCentral before ordering an official transcript.
- Your CalNet ID expires 90 days after the end of summer. Update your profile information in CalCentral, such as mailing address, and set up forwarding from your berkeley.edu account to an email address you check daily if you haven’t done so already.