Before You Apply
- Research the courses you would like to take from the Class Schedule.
- Note the Class #(5-digit number) for the class of your choice.
- Read the sections on our website on Fees, Refund Policy, Summer Schedule and Deadlines and Academic Policies.
- Submit an application online beginning February 13, 2017.
After You Apply
- Please do not submit a second application if you need to change information or feel there is a problem, as it will delay the processing of your application and may prevent you from enrolling in classes. Contact our office at email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail with instructions to activate your CalNet ID and passphrase. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive the email within a day of submitting your application.
- Once you have created your CalNet ID and passphrase, you will be able to log in to the CalCentral system and enroll in courses, pay your fees, and access information about UC Berkeley.
- In CalCentral follow instructions to upload your photo in order to be issued a Cal 1 Card. Your Cal 1 Card is your official campus photo identification.
- Log in to your Cal 1 Card account and review/accept the agreement for the Clipper Card. The Clipper Card allows you to access the Class Pass for unlimited ridership privileges on AC Transit bus lines.
Before You Arrive
- Make housing arrangements.
- Check your most up-to-date class schedule on CalCentral.
- Research the airport San Francisco International Airport or Oakland International Airport and available ground transportation options to Berkeley.
After You Arrive
- Check into your housing.
- Attend your first classes.
- Buy textbooks.
- Go to the Cal 1 Card Office to obtain your photo ID.
Before You Leave
- Log in to CalCentral to confirm the grading option for your courses, update your contact details as needed, and confirmand pay any outstanding balances.