High School Students
Join the community of up to 300 high school students who spend their summer enjoying the San Francisco Bay Area through our Pre-Collegiate Program. You are eligible if you are within commute distance of UC Berkeley*, have completed the 10th grade by the start of summer classes, have a 3.0 average or better (weighted or unweighted), and will be 16 years of age by June 19, 2017.
- Earn college credit and a UC Berkeley transcript
- Take college level courses with world-renowned Berkeley professors.
- Receive a personal commendation letter from the Dean of UC Berkeley Summer Sessions for passing grades upon email request.
The Pre-Collegiate Program requires enrollment in Session C and/or D and does not provide housing or visa support.
*Non-resident international students are not eligible for this program and must participate in one of our residential programs instead.
Looking for a residential program? High school students can participate in the following other UC Berkeley programs:
- Summer Focus at Berkeley by Education Unlimited
A residential program housed at UC Berkeley offered through one of the nation's leading summer academic enrichment program providers.
- International Pre-Collegiate Program at UC Berkeley, by Sesame Consulting International high school students are invited to come to UC Berkeley through this special summer program. Experience summer in the Bay Area while taking English as a Second Language (ESL) courses and more!
- embARC Summer Design Academy, by Sesame Consulting and the College of Environmental Design
International and domestic high school students from diverse backgrounds converge on Wurster Hall for four intensive weeks to explore architecture, sustainable city planning and urban design in the studio, lecture hall, Fabrication Shop and at special sites across the bay area.
- UC Berkeley Extension College Foundations Program
You may be charged a $1000 residential pre-collegiate fee for these programs.
Headed for a California Community College?
Pathways to Four-Year Universities is a new initiative with UC Berkeley and five Bay Area community colleges. Pathways supports community college students with the intent to transfer to UC Berkeley, another UC campus, or any four-year university with two key elements:
- Advising from UC Berkeley advisers directly on their community college campus
- Taking summer courses at UC Berkeley