High School Students
Join the community of up to 300 high school students who spend their summer enjoying the San Francisco Bay Area through our Pre-Collegiate Program. You are eligible if you have completed the 10th grade by the start of summer classes, have a B average or better, and have a positive recommendation from your high school.
- Earn college credit and a UC Berkeley transcript
- Take college level courses with world-renowned Berkeley professors.
- Receive a personal commendation letter from the Dean of UC Berkeley Summer Sessions upon passing your courses.
The Pre-Collegiate Program requires enrollment in Session C and/or D and does not provide housing.
Looking for a residential program instead? High school students can participate in either of the following other UC Berkeley programs:
- Summer Focus at Berkeley by Education Unlimited
A residential program housed at UC Berkeley offered through one of the nation's leading summer academic enrichment program providers.
- International Pre-Collegiate Program at UC Berkeley, by Sesame Consulting
International high school students are invited to come to UC Berkeley through this special summer program. Experience summer in the Bay Area while taking English as a Second Language (ESL) courses and more!
Headed for a California Community College?
Pathways to Four-Year Universities is a new initiative with UC Berkeley and five Bay Area community colleges. Pathways supports community college students with the intent to transfer to UC Berkeley, another UC campus, or any four-year university with two key elements:
- Advising from UC Berkeley advisers directly on their community college campus
- Taking summer courses at UC Berkeley