Berkeley Summer Pre-Collegiate Program for High School Students
Join the community of up to 300 high school students who spend their summer enjoying the San Francisco Bay Area through our Pre-Collegiate Program. You are eligible if you have completed the 10th grade by the start of summer classes, have a B average or better, and have a positive recommendation from your high school.
- Earn college credit and a UC Berkeley transcript
- Take college level courses with world-renowned Berkeley professors.
- Receive a personal commendation letter from the Director of UC Berkeley Summer Sessions upon passing your courses.
The Pre-Collegiate Program requires enrollment in Session C and/or D and does not provide housing.
The 2014 application period is over. The 2015 application period will open next spring 2015.
Looking for a residential program instead? High school students can participate in either of the following other UC Berkeley programs:
- Summer Focus at Berkeley by Education Unlimited
A residential program housed at UC Berkeley offered through one of the nation's leading summer academic enrichment program providers.
- International Pre-Collegiate Program at UC Berkeley, by Sesame Consulting
International high school students are invited to come to UC Berkeley through this special summer program.
Headed for a California Community College?
Pathways to Four-Year Universities is a new initiative with UC Berkeley and five Bay Area community colleges. Pathways supports community college students with the intent to transfer to UC Berkeley, another UC campus, or any four-year university with two key elements:
- Advising from UC Berkeley advisers directly on their community college campus
- Taking summer courses at UC Berkeley