Before You Opt-in:
1. Be sure of your admittance and accept your offer of admission for UC Berkeley.
2. Carefully read the Transfer Edge website and pay special attention to the fees and financial aid sections. Read the Deadlines, Refund Policy, and Academic Policies sections of this website.
3. Apply for BOTH the 2019-2020 AND 2020-2021 FAFSA or the California Dream Act by the designated deadlines.
4. Enter UC Berkeley's school code 001312 on each. Review your messages in Cal Central for more information about your financial aid eligibility. For general information about the types of aid available, visit the Financial Aid website.
5. Review UC Berkeley's general undergraduate graduation requirements so you are aware of what classes you need in order to graduate.
6. Review the Courses tab on the Transfer Edge website for guidelines on selecting courses.Explore courses on the Berkeley Academic Guide, where you can filter results by Session, Major, and Breadth Requirements.
7. Remember when selecting courses, that, in order to be eligible for summer financial aid, you are required to take at least six units.
8. Pick back-up classes in case the ones you want are full.
9. Note the Course Number (Class Nbr: 5-digit number associated with each course) and the number of units for the courses you would like to take.
10. If you have questions regarding which class(es) to take and other academic matters, we strongly recommend you contact your specific college advisor to ensure you enroll in the appropriate course(s).
1. Eligible students who have been admitted to UC Berkeley, accepted their offer of admission, and paid their admission deposit, are able to opt into Transfer Edge through a task that will appear on their CalCentral 'My Dashboard' Task tab.
2. Within 24 hours of opting into the program, you will receive email notification from the Transfer Edge office formally confirming your participation and providing helpful information for next steps.
After You Opt-In:
1. After opting into Transfer Edge, your summer enrollment card in Cal Central will be activated within 12 hours. To check if your summer enrollment has been activated, log onto the My Academics page of your CalCentral account and see if the summer term appears. Once your summer enrollment card appears, you will be able to log into CalCentral and register for courses. Go to CalCentral to find your class schedule, which confirms your summer enrollment within approximately 5 business days.
2. After opting in, you should read over the Freshman/Transfer Edge Student Handbook. The Student Handbook includes instructions on how to enroll in summer courses, register for housing, and a lot more helpful information to get the summer off to a smooth start. Under the Student Documents header, you will also find the CalCentral Registration Guide, which includes helpful step by step instructions detailing how to enroll in summer courses via CalCentral.
3. You will receive a bill for your summer fees that will appear on your CalCentral My Finances tab under Billing Summary.
4. Keep an eye out in your Berkeley email inbox for information about upcoming online orientation and virtual workshops.
5. Begin classes!