Before You Register:
1. Be sure of your admittance to UC Berkeley and complete your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by the deadline.
2. Carefully read the Freshman Edge website. Pay special attention to the Deadlines, Fees, Financial Aid, Refund Policy, and Academic Policies sections.
3. Make sure you apply for BOTH the 2016-2017 AND 2017-2018 FAFSA or the California Dream Act by the designated deadlines.
4. Enter UC Berkeley's school code 001312 on each FAFSA or Dream Act application. For more information, visit Financial Aid.
5. Review UC Berkeley's general undergraduate graduation requirements so you are aware of what classes you need in order to graduate.
6. Review Course Guidelines from the Freshman Edge website.
7. In order to be eligible for summer financial aid, you are required to take at least six units.
8. Pick back-up classes in case the ones you want are full.
9. Note the Course Number (5-digit number associated with each course) and the number of units for each course you would like to take.
10. Make sure you notify your assigned UC Berkeley Undergraduate Admissions officer before enrolling in coursework.
1. Eligible students who have been admitted to UC Berkeley can register for Freshman Edge through their CalCentral Notifications tab.
Application period will open in March 2018.
After You Register:
1. Go to CalCentral to find your class schedule, which confirms your summer enrollment, within approximately 5 business days.
2. You will receive a bill for your summer fees that will appear on your CalCentral My Finances page under Billing Summary.
3. Make housing arrangements.
4. Attend the Welcome Lunch.
5. Begin classes and enjoy the co-curricular activities!