Skip to main content
Before You Apply
How to Apply
- Application opens in February. Visit the application page and follow the submission instructions. All non-UC visiting students will be required to pay a non-refundable $25 Application Fee.
- Once your application is processed, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to create your UC Berkeley login (CalNet ID). Please allow 2-3 days to receive email instructions.
- Log in to CalCentral and complete all required tasks, including UC COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement. Certain tasks will be required prior to enrollment.
- In CalCentral, enroll in classes and pay the total amount due (look for “Tasks” list in CalCentral dashboard). Once you've paid for your classes, you will be confirmed as a Summer Sessions student.
- Set up email forwarding from your berkeley.edu account to an email address you check regularly to ensure you do not miss important communication from UC Berkeley, such as notices regarding housing, billing, or enrollment activity.
Before You Arrive
After You Arrive
Before You Leave
- Log in to CalCentral and pay any outstanding balance.
- Confirm that your grades are assigned in CalCentral before ordering an official transcript. See the Office of the Registrar for more information.
- Update your profile information in CalCentral, such as your mailing address, and forward your berkeley.edu account to another email address you check regularly if you haven’t already done so.
- Your CalNet ID expires 120 days after the end of summer. You will retain access to some of your CalCentral information through the Alumni Homepage.