Campus Services: Miscellaneous Services



Disabled Student Program (DSP)

The Disabled Students Program (DSP) located in 260 Cesar Chavez Center, provides a variety of services. Among them are academic support services, information on independent and community living, computer and adaptive technology resources, attendant referral, housing, and student support groups. For information on these and other DSP resources, call (510) 642-0518 or (510) 642-6376 (TTY) or visit the DSP website.



Student Activities Services (SAS)

The energetic staff of Campus Life and Leadership works with Cal students from admission to graduation, encouraging participation in leadership, service, and other co-curricular activities. Professional and peer advisers also help interested students access SAS programs and other campus resources. Summer Sessions students take advantage of these and other services and programs:

  • Student organizations representing a variety of academic, professional, social, recreational, cultural, political, religious, and service interests.
  • Leadershipand organizational advising.
  • Volunteer opportunities through Cal Corps Public Services.

For more information, visit 102 Sproul Hall, call (510) 642-5171, or visit the Campus Life and Leadership website.



Student Affairs (Ombudsperson)

The Office of the Ombudsperson for Student Affairs provides informal and impartial conflict resolution services to all students, both graduate and undergraduate. The Ombudsperson operates as a designated neutral and independent "agent of justice" in University-related matters.

All matters referred to this office are held in strict confidence. The only exception, at the sole discretion of the Ombudsperson, are those in which there appear to be imminent threat of serious harm.

If you are confronted with a bureaucratic impasse or feel you have been treated unfairly or need help with a procedural or academic problem, contact the Ombudsperson. To make an appointment, call (510) 642-5754.



Back-Up Childcare

Back-Up Childcare provides highly-subsidized in-home and center-based back-up child care for UC Berkeley student parents.



Career Center

The Career Center instructs students about the career planning and job search process, and promotes linkages of students with employers and nationwide graduate and professional schools. The services of the Career Center include: Career and Job Search Information and Graduate and Professional School Information. The job and internship listings, including summer positions, as well as in person help are for UC students registered during the academic year in the previous spring or accepted for fall. The Career Center is located at 2440 Bancroft Way. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Mon-Fri. For more information, consult the Career Center website or call (510) 642-1716.




Membership to Berkeley Recreational Sports is included in your Summer Sessions student fees. Membership privileges include access to multiple facilities, swimming pools, tracks, weight room, exercise classes, and so much more! Students are required to show their Cal 1 Card to access services. 



Public Service Center

The Public Service Center is the campus office for student public service and leadership development programs, providing a number of volunteer, internship, and academic opportunities to support your Berkeley experience. Public Service Centeris located at 102 Sproul Hall. Hours are 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri. For more information consult the Public Service Center website or call (510) 642-3916.